Paul Howard Kitchens Memorial Scholarship
Established by the Bill Kitchens family in memory of their son/brother, Paul Howard Kitchens, who exemplified excellence in academics and athletics.
1. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the University of Louisiana at Monroe. As an incoming freshman, recipient(s) must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA in high school. A university student must have a 2.75 cumulative GPA in college courses.
2. Recipient(s) must be residents of Louisiana and:
(1) ULM students currently enrolled in The ULM School of Behavioral & Social Sciences/Criminal Justice or Social Work, or Occupational Therapy
(2) High school seniors graduating from schools within the parish (Ouachita,
Monroe City, and private schools) who plan to major in The ULM School of Behavioral & Social Sciences/Criminal Justice or Social Work.
3. Scholarship is renewable if a 2.75 GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of eight semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree. Recipients must reapply for consideration in following semesters.
4. Recipient (s) must demonstrate academic excellence, leadership qualities, and service to their respective schools.