The scholarship shall be named the CenturyLink Scholarship, originally established as the Century Telephone Enterprises Scholarship. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving computer information systems or computer science students.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
1. The recipient(s) must be a full-time student pursuing their first undergraduate degree in Computer Information Systems or Computer Science.
2. The recipient(s) must be an incoming freshman with a 3.0 cumulative GPA in high school.
3. Scholarship is renewable if a 3.0 GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed for four consecutive years provided the recipient(s) remain in good standing with the university. If the scholarship is not renewed for any reason, a new recipient will be selected, and the scholarship will be awarded as soon as possible.
4. Recipient(s) must be from Ouachita, Union, Morehouse, Lincoln or Richland Parishes in Louisiana or Union or Columbia Counties in Arkansas.
5. The recipient(s) will be given priority consideration for employment with CenturyLink upon graduation from the University of Louisiana at Monroe.