Dr. Lucy Shackelford Memorial Scholarship
Established by friends and family in memory of Dr. Lucy Shackelford who loved teaching and gave so much of herself to the education profession.
1. Recipient(s) must be a full-time student majoring in Kinesiology (Teacher Certification) and have completed a minimum of 36 hours towards his/her degree.
2. Recipient(s) must meet each of the following requirements in order to renew the scholarship each semester: maintain 3.0 semester GPA, maintain 3.0 cumulative GPA, maintain 3.0 cumulative GPA in Kinesiology and complete at least 12 hours each semester.
3. The scholarship will be awarded for a maximum of two years (four semesters) or until a Bachelor’ s Degree in Kinesiology (Teacher Certification) is obtained, whatever period of time is shorter.
4. Recipient(s) must be enrolled during consecutive semesters.
5. Scholarships are not awarded during the summer.
6. Recipient(s) is expected to exemplify the best in good citizenship.
7. The scholarship can only be used for tuition and other related fees including books. No cash refund is allowed.