Lalita & Janak Karn Foundation International Student Scholarship
The scholarship was established by Rakesh Karn in honor of his parents, Lalita and Janak Karn. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving international students at Rakesh Karn’s alma mater, so they might have some of the same opportunities that Rakesh was provided through his loving parents.
1. The recipient(s) must be a returning, full-time, international student classified as a sophomore or above, pursuing their first undergraduate degree. Freshmen, first year transfers and graduate students are not eligible.
2. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the University of Louisiana at Monroe. Recipient(s) must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in college courses, and must maintain the 3.0 GPA to be eligible for renewal funding in the spring semester.
3. Recipient(s) must demonstrate financial need, to be determined according to the policies of the International Student Office.
4. Applicant(s) must submit an essay(400 words) describing how this award will help in achieving an educational goal.
5. Scholarship is not renewable.