Deborah Cofer First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship
The Deborah Cofer First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship was established through the ULM Foundation. The purpose is to increase college access and success for low-income first-generation students, enhance institutional efforts to provide need-based aid to undergraduate students and provide additional opportunities for benefactors to support the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
- Recipient(s) must be a resident of Louisiana
- Be a first-generation college student (your parents or guardians never earned a college degree) with financial need after the EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) and grants/scholarships are deducted or be a student, whether first-generation or not, who has been awarded the federal Pell grant and is admitted to the university during the semester(s) that the awards are disbursed.
- Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance at the University of Louisiana Monroe, must be admitted to the university, and must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Scholarship may be renewed if a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only.
- All other classifications will receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four-year degree.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENT:
The University of Louisiana at Monroe TRiO Programs Office will select the recipient(s). The name of the recipient(s) shall be forwarded to the Scholarship Office as soon as a selection is made.