Lalita & Janak Karn Foundation Student Scholarship
The scholarship was established by Rakesh Karn in honor of his parents, Lalita and Janak Karn. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving the University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) students at Rakesh Karnâ’s alma mater might have some of the same opportunities Rakesh provided through his loving parents.
1. The recipient(s) must be a returning or a full-time student classified as a sophomore or above, pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degree. Freshmen and first-year transfers students are not eligible.
2. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the ULM. Recipient(s) must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA in college courses and must maintain the 3.0 GPA to be eligible for renewal funding in the spring semester.
3. Recipient(s) must demonstrate financial need.
4. Applicant(s) must submit a one-page essay describing how this award will help in achieving an educational goal.
5. Scholarship is not renewable.