First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship
The First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship was established through the ULM Foundation. The purpose is to increase college access and success for low-income first-generation students, enhance institutional efforts to provide need-based aid to undergraduate students and provide additional opportunities for benefactors to support the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
- Recipient(s) must be a resident of Louisiana
- Recipient(s) must be an undergraduate first-generation college student (i.e., neither custodial parent(s) nor legal guardian(s) have earned a college degree) with remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid from student’s Cost of Attendance and/or students, whether first-generation or not, awarded the federal Pell grant.
- Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance at the University of Louisiana Monroe, must be admitted to the university, and must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Scholarship may be renewed if a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only.
- All other classifications will receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four-year degree.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENT:
The University of Louisiana at Monroe TRiO Programs Office will select the recipient(s). The name of the recipient(s) shall be forwarded to the Scholarship Office as soon as a selection is made.