Allison Grace Honeycutt Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship shall be named the Allison Grace Honeycutt Memorial Scholarship, established by her parents, Valerie and Blayne, in loving honor and memory of Allison, who passed away on December 20, 2013, at the age of 19. Allison had a gentle caring manner and free-spirited approach to life and was a gift to all who knew her. The purpose of this endowment is to provide scholarships for deserving elementary education students at ULM, her fatherâ€™s undergrad alma mater.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
A. Recipient(s) must be a full-time student pursuing a degree in Elementary Education.
B. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the University of Louisiana at Monroe. As an incoming freshman, recipient(s) must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school. A university student must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in college courses.
C. Scholarship is renewable if the GPA required by the MAT exam is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of eight semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree.
D. Recipient(s) must address the following three criteria as completely as possible in a short essay form, giving examples of how he/she meets these criteria:
1. Recipient(s) must be an independent thinker, compassionate and empathetic.
2. Recipient(s) eligibility shall not be biased on race, color, creed or religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, age, handicap, veteran status or political belief.
3. Recipient(s) should possess a free-spirited, non-judgmental attitude similar to Allison, with a love for teaching young children and helping them to love and respect themselves.
*IV. SELECTION OF RECIPIENT: *
The Honeycutt family will review applications and essays, and send recommended recipient(s) name(s) to the University of Louisiana at Monroe Scholarship Committee for final selection(s). The name of recipient(s) shall be forwarded to the Scholarship Office as soon as selection is made.
- College of Arts, Education and Sciences, Senior, Undergraduate Students, Foundation Scholarships, Elementary Education
- Supplemental Questions
- Please write an essay giving examples of how you meet the scholarship criteria :