John Andrew Colvin Memorial Scholarship
The John Andrew Colvin Memorial Scholarship was established by the Colvin family and friends in 1987 in honor and in memory of John Andrew Colvin, a Northeast Louisiana University agriculture student who loved nature and the land, and generously offered his friendship and support to all who knew him. In 2005 the scholarship was also designated in honor and in memory of Donna Martin Robbins, a 1985 graduate of Northeast Louisiana University School of Nursing who compassionately shared her talents, skills, and joy of living with her family, her patients, and her community. Northeast Louisiana University is now renamed ULM.
1. Recipient(s) must be a resident of Franklin Parish, Louisiana. If no one qualifies from Franklin Parish, the scholarship will be given to students who are residents of any other parish in north Louisiana.
2. Recipient(s) must major in Agriculture (Agribusiness) or Nursing, but at least one recipient annually must be pursuing a degree in Agriculture(Agribusiness).
3. If an incoming freshman, recipient(s) must have a B average in high school.
4. The scholarship is renewable if a cumulative 2.5 GPA is maintained in college courses. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of eight semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four-year degree.
- College of Business and Social Sciences, College of Health Sciences, Undergraduate Students, Foundation Scholarships, Kitty Degree School of Nursing , Agribusiness