Deborah Cofer First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship
The Deborah Cofer First Generation Endowed Undergraduate Scholarship was established through the ULM Foundation. The purpose is to increase college access and success for low-income first-generation students, enhance institutional efforts to provide need-based aid to undergraduate students and provide additional opportunities for benefactors to support the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
- Recipient(s) must be a resident of Louisiana
- Recipient(s) must be an undergraduate first-generation college student (i.e., neither custodial parent(s) nor legal guardian(s) have earned a college degree) with remaining financial need after deducting Estimated Family Contribution and all federal/state/institutional grant or scholarship aid from student’s Cost of Attendance and/or students, whether first-generation or not, awarded the federal Pell grant.
- Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance at the University of Louisiana Monroe, must be admitted to the university, and must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
- Scholarship may be renewed if a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only.
- All other classifications will receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four-year degree.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENT:
The University of Louisiana at Monroe TRiO Programs Office will select the recipient(s). The name of the recipient(s) shall be forwarded to the Scholarship Office as soon as a selection is made.
- Undergraduate Students, First Generation Scholarships- TRIO, Foundation Scholarships, General (All Majors Eligible)