Aspiring Gerontologist Education (AGE) Scholarship
Aspiring Gerontologist Education (AGE) Scholarship was established by family and friends in honor/memory of Mrs. Krishna Sharma. The purpose is to provide scholarships in the form of tuition fee payments for deserving Gerontology graduate students based on merit and need.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
A. The recipient must be a full-time or part-time :
- undergraduate student, with Senior classification, officially admitted into the ULM Gerontology Graduate Program in the spring/summer semester of the year he/she will begin their graduate program of study. OR
- a non-traditional student returning to college after a long gap to enroll in the Gerontology graduate program; OR
- student who dropped out of graduate school and wants to complete his/her graduate degree in Gerontology.
B. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance into the Graduate School at the University of Louisiana Monroe. A university student, to be accepted into the Graduate School at ULM, must have a minimum of 2.6 cumulative GPA in his/her undergraduate degree.
C. Scholarship is renewable if a 3.5 GPA is maintained in the Gerontology Graduate Program. The scholarship may be renewed to pay towards the tuition fee for up to a maximum of two years if the student is not able to pay the fee to stay enrolled in the Gerontology Graduate Program.
D. The recipient needs to be a US Citizen or a legal US Permanent Resident.
E. Preference will be given to:
- students who may drop out of graduate school due to financial hardships;
- non-traditional students returning to college after a long gap to enroll in the Gerontology graduate program; and
- students who dropped out of graduate school and want to complete their graduate degree in Gerontology.
- College of Business and Social Sciences, Graduate Students, Senior, Foundation Scholarships, Gerontology