Cecil Brown Memorial Endowed Scholarship Fund
The Cecil Brown Memorial Endowed Scholarship was established by family and friends in honor and in memory of Cecil Brown. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving students.
To qualify for the scholarship, a student must meet the following:
1. Recipient(s) may be a full-time or part-time student pursuing their first undergraduate degree.
2. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the University of Louisiana at Monroe. As an incoming freshman, recipient(s) must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school. A university student must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in college courses.
3. Scholarship is renewable if a 2.5 GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree.
4. Preference will be given to students from Franklin Parish. If there are no applicants from Franklin Parish, the donor’s request is that this scholarship shall be made available to all student applicants who are in good standing with the university. After review of applicant(s) by Cecil Brown’s family, the University of Louisiana at Monroe Scholarship Committee shall use its best judgment for initial selection of recipient(s) and their eligibility for renewal of the scholarship award. There shall be no restrictions regarding the student applicant’s classification, major, pursuit of degree, geographics or demographics.
- Undergraduate Students, Foundation Scholarships, General (All Majors Eligible)