COMO Charitable Foundation Annual Scholarship
To qualify for the scholarship, a recipient(s) must meet the following:
A. The recipient(s) must be from Franklin Parish.
B. Recipient(s) must meet university standards for acceptance in the University of Louisiana Monroe for either undergraduate or graduate programs.
C. COMMUNITY SERVICE. Documentation of recent service hours an applicant has volunteered to organization(s)* that promote(s) the quality of life for others in Franklin Parish will be a favorable factor used by the Scholarship Committee to grant a scholarship as well as to determine the amount of a scholarship. Please note that services for Franklin Parish organizations will be given greater weight although any recent community service rendered by an applicant will be considered.
D. RENEWAL OF SCHOLARSHIPS. A scholarship is not automatically renewable but must be applied for on an annual basis. However, a scholarship may be renewable if a student maintains a 2.5 GPA.
1. Four-Year Program. A scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for incoming freshmen pursuing a four-year degree.
2. Five-Year Program. A scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of nine semesters for incoming freshmen pursuing a five-year degree.
3. Graduate Program. A scholarship may be renewed for the number of semesters required by ULM for a graduate student to complete their respective graduate degree.
4. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four-year degree.
5. Evidence of service as indicated in III © above will be a favorable factor in the Committee’s decision to renew scholarships and to determine the amount of each scholarship.
6. Recipient(s) are strongly encouraged to provide a report after each semester of scholarship award to the ULM Scholarship Committee via upload through the Scholarship portal detailing service hours they provided to an organization(s)* that promote the quality of life in Franklin Parish.
*Suggested service organizations: Winnsboro Main Street, Princess Theatre, Good Samaritans of Franklin Parish, Project Change of Franklin Parish, Franklin Parish Black Achievers