Claire Lee Chennault Memorial Aviation Scholarship
Established by family, friends, colleagues and the Alpha Eta Rho Professional Aviation Fraternity in 1972 in honor and memory of General Claire Lee Chennault. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving students.
1. Recipient(s) must be a full-time student pursuing their first undergraduate degree in Aviation.
2. A university student must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA in college courses.
3. Scholarship is renewable if a 3.0 GPA is maintained. A GPA below 3.0 may be cause for re-evaluation of the award, depending on the circumstances. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree.
4. Preference will be given to an aviation student from northeast Louisiana.
5. Preference will be given to a student taking flying lessons.