Dean Thomas E. Murphy Water Ski Scholarship
The scholarship shall be named the Dean Thomas E. Murphy Water Ski Scholarship, established by family and friends of Thomas E. Murphy in honor and in memory of his leadership and commitment to the NLU Division of Student Affairs from 1965 to 1992; his tireless dedication to the ULM Water Ski Team, which under his leadership, became the most successful collegiate program in the United States; and his contributions to the National Collegiate Water Ski Association with innovations that afforded opportunities to more student athletes. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving students.
1. Recipient(s) must be a full time student participating in collegiate waterskiing.
2. As an incoming freshman, recipient(s) must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school. A university student must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in college courses.
3. Scholarship is renewable if a 2.5 GPA average is maintained. Recipient(s) must maintain adequate progress toward a degree. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of eight semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications may receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree.
4. Recipient(s) must demonstrate the qualities of character and leadership.
5. Recipient(s) must exemplify dedication, teamwork and display outstanding promise or ability in competitive waterskiing.