Allen B. Thigpen Endowment Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is established in the memory of Allen B. Thigpen by his family and friends. Allen was a University of Louisiana Monroe Pharmacy Student and a member of the “Sound of Today” Marching Band. The purpose is to provide scholarships for deserving Pharmacy students.
1. Recipient(s) must be a full-time (12 hours or more) student pursuing a degree in Pharmacy.
2. Recipient(s) must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
3. Preference will be given to students from Ouachita Parish area.
4. Scholarship is renewable if a 3.0 GPA is maintained. The scholarship may be renewed up to a maximum of seven semesters for an incoming freshman only. All other classifications will receive the scholarship for the remaining semesters required to complete a four year degree. Should the recipient(s) drop out of the pharmacy program, the scholarship will be awarded to another applicant who meets the criteria for selection.
5. Recipient(s) must demonstrate the high caliber of character and citizenship exemplified by Allen Thigpen.